Delivery & Installation
Clear and reasonable access must be provided for delivery, please advise us if you have any of the following access issues...
*Please note: Delivery charges may change if access issues arise.
The tank base must be made with suitable approved reinforcement. It must be stable, firm, flat, compacted and free from any rocks, stones or sharp objects.
- The most suitable and durable for your Paton Tank is a reinforced concrete slab. As a guideline it must be a minimum of 150mm wider than your tank on all sides and 150mm think. This will vary with the capacity of your tank and the soil type, please ask the team.
- A compacted material can be used if it is boxed in and that framework has permanent fasteners/ bolts to keep its structural integrity. Material MUST be compacted with a machine. A strip of blue metal can be placed around the diameter of the tank to stop any 'drip line' appearing in heavy rain.
- Tank stands are manufactured in a wide range of options, dependant on size, weight of tank and elevation. Stands can be positioned easily onto concrete pads or placed onto a concrete base.
- The tank foundation must be able to safely support the tank when full of water, bearing in mind that water weighs 1 kg per 1 litre.
- A reinforced concrete slab or above ground tank stand is also ideal but must also be 150 mm larger than the diameter of the tank. Where a tank stand is used, bearers must not be more than 25mm apart and should be made from treated pine, metal or other not perishable material.
- The overflow of the tank must be piped at least 2 metres clear of the tank to avoid eroding the tank foundation.
- Customers choosing to pick up tanks from factory may not be covered under warranty due to inappropriate handling and transportation.
*Please note: It is recommended that a licensed qualified plumber connect your tank to your storm water system.